Salads are a versatile and nutritious way to enjoy a variety of fresh ingredients, and with a little creativity, you can turn a simple salad into a culinary masterpiece. If you’re tired of the same old salad routine, we’ve got you covered with these 10 ideas for deliciously diverse and visually stunning salads that will elevate your dining experience.
Winter breakfast hash
- 375g potatoes , cut into small chunks
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion (about 200g), chopped
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 green pepper , deseeded and diced
- 200g large brussels sprouts , trimmed and sliced
- 2 eggs
- Boil the potatoes for 15 mins until tender. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onion for 8 mins, stirring frequently until it starts to colour. Add the caraway, garlic, pepper and sprouts and cook for 5 mins more with the lid on the pan so they steam at the same time.
- Drain and lightly crush the cooked potatoes using a masher. Stir them into the vegetables and cook for 5-10 mins, turning occasionally so the mixture browns.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs for a few minutes for a runny yolk or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon. Serve each portion of hash topped with an egg.